- 1 red bell pepper, diced in 3/4″ squares
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced in 3/4″ squares
- 1/3 bulb garlic, minced
- 1 large onion,diced in 3/4″ squares
- 2 tbls EVOO
- 2 tbls dried red chilies infused EVOO
- 6 oz can medium pitted black olives, halved along the diameter
- 6 oz white wine
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes in juice
- 3 oz water
- 1 tbls freshly ground sea salt
- 1 tbls freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Italian seasoned salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano
- 1.5 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbls Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 12-oz bags of identical brand & style frozen cavatelli
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 2 tbls table salt
- 8 heaping tsp parmesan cheese
Cook the cavatelli al dente per the timing on the bags w/ the olive oil & table salt, and set aside.
Heat both types of EVOO in a large skillet at medium. When hot add both types of peppers. Add the Italian seasoning, Italian seasoned salt, Herbs de Provence, 1/2 of the basil, and 1/4 each of the sea salt, black pepper, and Good Seasons. Saute until beginning to soften – approximately 7 minutes.
Add the onion, oregano, and another 1/4 of the sea salt, black pepper, and Good Seasons. Saute until the onions & peppers have softened – approximately 5 minutes.
Add the wine & deglaze the pan.
Add the tomatoes & juice. Rinse the can w/ the water & add it. Add the garlic, the remaining basil, and another 1/4 of the sea salt, black pepper, and Good Seasons. Stew at medium-high temperature for 5 minutes.
Add the olives & remaining spices. Bring to a boil then simmer until thickened – approximately reduced by 1/4.
Heat 1/8 portions of the cavatelli in the microwave for 1 minute and top w/ 3 – 4 oz’s of pomodoro and one heaping tsp of parmesan cheese. Serves 8.